2007-05-27

Onsala Weekend

We spent the weekend at Chris' parents' place and I got a lot of knitting done. (:

I'm working on a cabled cardigan and I almost got one of the sleeves done. After that there'll only be one sleeve, picot edgings and seams left, and then I'm done, joy! Although, I am a bit worried as the front and back look quite wide, especially around the chest. Probably I'll be able to adjust the shape when blocking, but it still bothers me. I'm knitting from an old pattern from 1983 and I'm not sure my choice of yarn is compatible with the pattern... But I'll find out, I suppose. :P

The lovely pattern:



I almost finished the wrist warmers for Chris' mother, I just have to sew the last one together. Knowing that she won't read this, I'll post pictures when I'm done. I'm going to have big problems to keep myself from giving them to her right away. But it's summer now, warm and fuzzy wool wrist warmers are not in season!
I'm thinking of making myself a pair, just to use up some acrylic yarn I have stashed. I'm not a big fan of acrylic yarn, but I bought it, so I have to use it for something. I'd like to make them in a zigzag pattern but I can't decide whether I should use one, two or three colors. I made a swatch to see what white and grey looks like, but I didn't really like it. Maybe I should stick to one color? This is what I have to play with:



Even though I have a ton of projects going on, I keep finding new things that I really, really want to make. I've been browsing loads of knitting blogs and the knitting forum on Craftster and have added some new things to my constantly growing to-do-list:
  • First there's Flicca, have a look at it and you'll understand why I want it!
  • Second, the beautiful Nora Gaughan "Capecho" from Vogue Knitting. It's from the winter(?) issue, which I didn't buy, because that was the only piece I wanted to make from that magazine, and I didn't think it would turn out well. But after having a look at a knitalong for it I changed my mind. With some modifications it should be possible to make something nicely fitting from the pattern. So now I need to get my hands on that pattern!
And finally, this weekend I recieved partners for the Hand Made Bead Swap, so now I can really start working on the beads!

Inga kommentarer: